Authors are invited to submit papers for the 2nd International Workshop on Quantum Computing for Sustainable Computing in conjunction with the 10th International Green and Sustainable Computing Conference that will be held October 21-24, 2019 in Alexandria, VA, US
Workshop papers will provide a comprehensive review on fundamentals as well as the current state of the art in research and technology. The purpose of this workshop is to explore how quantum computing may sustain the growth of future computing platforms. Such potential impact on sustainability may arise from a reduction in resources, such as time and energy, as well as simplifying the operation of future computing systems. This includes advances in quantum computing hardware, software, and algorithms as well as contributions on the transformative research needed to guide quantum computing performance toward practical and sustainable operations.
Topics of interest for this workshop include but are not limited to the following:
- Resource consumption estimates for quantum computing systems and applications
- System codesign that prioritizes sustainable and efficient platform operation
- Metrics and benchmarks for quantifying quantum computing performance
- Performance estimates of quantum and hybrid computations
- Resource-efficient methods for the control and execution of quantum programs
- Progress in quantum architectures, circuits, devices, design automation and programming languages
Authors are invited to submit a 2-page extended abstract or an original, unpublished manuscripts of maximum 6-page length at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=qcsc2019. Previously published papers or papers under review for other conferences/journals should not be submitted for consideration.
Please use IEEE conference-style template: https://www.igscc.org/paper-submission. All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings, which will be published in IEEE Xplore as part of the IGSC proceedings. A selected set of papers from the workshop will be invited for submission to a special issue of a peer-reviewed journal based on reviewer’s feedback and quality of conference presentation.
- Submission Deadline: August 14, 2019 (extended)
- Author Notification: August 30, 2019
- Submission of Final Version: September 10, 2019
- Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=qcsc2019
- Travis S. Humble, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, USA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Himanshu Thapliyal, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA Email: email@example.com
Read more here