Microsoft Research Intern - Quantum programming
- Must be accepted or currently enrolled in a university program in Computer Science or related STEM field
- Coding skills: C#, Python, LLVM, C/C++
- Familiarity with git
Martin Roetteler, martinro AT microsoft DOT com
Microsoft is looking for exceptional candidates for 12-week internships in engineering tasks such as tools development and programming. Positions are available beginning in spring/summer/fall of 2020. Read more and apply here.
During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
- We are seeking candidates with strong coding skills who are familiar with basic algorithms and data structures as well as major programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Python, Java).
- Areas that might be considered for internship projects include device modeling, quantum software development in Q#, compiler components, quantum-inspired optimization, etc.
- Background in mathematics and quantum physics is helpful but not required.
Application materials should include:
- Current CV
- Letters of reference. (A minimum of 2 references required)
- Brief statement of research interests and expertise