My research centers on the boundary between many-body physics, quantum optics, and AMO physics. Over the course of the last 10 years, advances in experiments with ultracold quantum gases have made possible the realization of strongly interacting systems, which can be used to explore complex many-body phenomena. Motivated by and in connection with these experiments, we explore novel phenomena on a theoretical level with analytical and numerical techniques.
In particular, we are interested in the non-equilibrium dynamics of quantum gases, treating both coherent many-body dynamics (e.g., transport dynamics, or the exploration of metastable many-body states and their associated quantum phases), and dissipative many-body dynamics (e.g., heating of quantum gases in optical potentials, or engineering dissipative driving to produce complex many-body states). We are also interested more generally in quantum simulation and the implementation of quantum computing in many-body systems.
|Buyskikh, Anton||Postdoctoral Fellowfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Damanet, François||Postdoctoral Fellowemail@example.com|
|Flannigan, Stuart||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gómez, Araceli||Graduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Lena, Rosaria||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mascarenhas, Eduardo||Postdoctoral Fellowemail@example.com|
|Walker, Liam||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- "Time-dependent density-matrix renormalization-group using adaptive effective Hilbert spaces," A J Daley, C Kollath, U Schollwöck and G Vidal, J. Stat. Mech.: Theor. Exp. P04005 (2004)
- "Repulsively bound atom pairs in an optical lattice," K. Winkler, G. Thalhammer, F. Lang, R. Grimm, J. Hecker Denschlag, A. J. Daley, A. Kantian, H. P. Büchler and P. Zoller, Nature 441, 853 (2006)
- "Measuring Entanglement Growth in Quench Dynamics of Bosons in an Optical Lattice," A. J. Daley, H. Pichler, J. Schachenmayer, and P. Zoller, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 020505 (2012)
- "Quantum Computing with Alkaline-Earth-Metal Atoms," Andrew J. Daley, Martin M. Boyd, Jun Ye, and Peter Zoller, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 170504 (2008)
- "Atomic Three-Body Loss as a Dynamical Three-Body Interaction," A. J. Daley, J. M. Taylor, S. Diehl, M. Baranov, and P. Zoller, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 040402 (2009)
- "Resonant two-site tunnelling dynamics of bosons in a tilted optical superlattice." Buyskikh, Anton S., Luca Tagliacozzo, Dirk Schuricht, Chris A. Hooley, David Pekker, and Andrew J. Daley. arXiv preprint arXiv:1811.06998 (2018).
- "Spin-models, dynamics and criticality with atoms in tilted optical superlattices." Buyskikh, Anton S., Luca Tagliacozzo, Dirk Schuricht, Chris A. Hooley, David Pekker, and Andrew J. Daley. arXiv preprint arXiv:1811.06995 (2018).
- "Nonreciprocal Quantum Transport at Junctions of Structured Leads." Mascarenhas, Eduardo, François Damanet, Stuart Flannigan, Luca Tagliacozzo, Andrew J. Daley, John Goold, and Inés de Vega. arXiv preprint arXiv:1810.04929 (2018).
- "Probing dynamics in quantum magnetism with ultracold atoms." Venegas-Gomez, Araceli, Andrew J. Daley, and Wolfgang Ketterle. In Frontiers in Optics, pp. JW4A-74. Optical Society of America, (2018).
- "Topological edge states and Aharanov-Bohm caging with ultracold atoms carrying orbital angular momentum," G. Pelegr´ı, A. M. Marques, R. G. Dias, A. J. Daley, J. Mompart, and V. Ahufinger, arXiv:1807.08096v1 (2018).