Daniel's main research interest is in the allocation of resources (computing and network resources) in the realm of real-time, with main concerns being power management, security, and fault tolerance. He bridges the gap between the operating systems and networking research fields, between practice and theory.
Lately, he has also been focusing on how to increase diversity in computing and how to promote reproducible research in computing.
- Jejurikar, R., Pereira, C., & Gupta, R. (2004, June). Leakage aware dynamic voltage scaling for real-time embedded systems. In Proceedings of the 41st annual Design Automation Conference (pp. 275-280). ACM.
- Aydin, H., Melhem, R., Mossé, D., & Mejía-Alvarez, P. (2004). Power-aware scheduling for periodic real-time tasks. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 53(5), 584-600.
- Zhu, D., Melhem, R., & Mossé, D. (2004, November). The effects of energy management on reliability in real-time embedded systems. In Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE/ACM International conference on Computer-aided design (pp. 35-40). IEEE Computer Society.
- Aydin, H., Melhem, R., Mossé, D., & Mejía-Alvarez, P. (2001, June). Determining optimal processor speeds for periodic real-time tasks with different power characteristics. In Proceedings 13th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (pp. 225-232). IEEE.
- Aydin, H., Melhem, R., Mosse, D., & Mejía-Alvarez, P. (2001). Optimal reward-based scheduling for periodic real-time tasks. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 50(2), 111-130.
- Zacarias, F. V., Petrucci, V., Nishtala, R., Carpenter, P., & Mossé, D. (2019, October). Intelligent Colocation of Workloads for Enhanced Server Efficiency. In 2019 31st International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD) (pp. 120-127). IEEE.
- Wang, W., Mosse, D., & Papadopoulos, A. V. (2019, May). Packet Priority Assignment for Wireless Control Systems of Multiple Physical Systems. In 2019 IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC) (pp. 143-150). IEEE.
- Petrov, D., Alseghayer, R., Mossé, D., & Chrysanthis, P. K. (2018, October). Data-Driven User-Aware HVAC Scheduling. In 2018 Ninth International Green and Sustainable Computing Conference (IGSC) (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Mofrad, M. H., & Mosse, D. (2018, October). Speech recognition and voice separation for the internet of things. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on the Internet of Things (p. 8). ACM.
- Oliveira, L., Wilkinson, D., Mossé, D., & Childers, B. R. (2018, October). Occam: Software environment for creating reproducible research. In 2018 IEEE 14th International Conference on e-Science (e-Science) (pp. 394-395). IEEE.