My research focuses on describing and controlling dynamics of quantum many-body systems. My goal is to address some of the fundamental problems of ultracold atom and condensed matter physics:
1. What are the generic alternatives to thermalization?
2. Interplay of pseudo gauge-fields, topology and dynamics
3. Dynamics of mesoscopic systems and (with and without non-Abelian excitations)
Addressing these fundamental physics questions will have important implications for: (1) understanding the limitations and alternatives to thermodynamics, (2) generating non-Abelian excitations in static ultracold atom systems and building photonic crystals with broken time-reversal symmetry, (3) control over non-Abelian excitations will be useful for building quantum memory and quantum computers.
- "Majorana fermions in equilibrium and in driven cold-atom quantum wires." Liang Jiang, Takuya Kitagawa, Jason Alicea, AR Akhmerov, David Pekker, Gil Refael, J Ignacio Cirac, Eugene Demler, Mikhail D Lukin, Peter Zoller. Physical review letters.
- "The ‘Higgs’ amplitude mode at the two-dimensional superfluid/Mott insulator transition." Manuel Endres, Takeshi Fukuhara, David Pekker, Marc Cheneau, Peter Schauβ, Christian Gross, Eugene Demler, Stefan Kuhr, Immanuel Bloch. Nature.
- "Observation of elastic doublon decay in the Fermi-Hubbard model." Niels Strohmaier, Daniel Greif, Robert Jördens, Leticia Tarruell, Henning Moritz, Tilman Esslinger, Rajdeep Sensarma, David Pekker, Ehud Altman, Eugene Demler. Physical review letters.
- "Hilbert-glass transition: New universality of temperature-tuned many-body dynamical quantum criticality." David Pekker, Gil Refael, Ehud Altman, Eugene Demler, Vadim Oganesyan. Physical review x.
- "Amplitude/Higgs modes in condensed matter physics." David Pekker, CM Varma. Annu. Rev. Condens. Matter Phys..
- "Emergent mode and bound states in single-component one-dimensional lattice fermionic systems." Yuchi He, Binbin Tian, David Pekker, Roger SK Mong. Physical Review B.
- "Parahydrophobicity and stick-slip wetting dynamics of vertically aligned carbon nanotube forests." Ziyu Zhou, Tongchuan Gao, Sean McCarthy, Andrew Kozbial, Susheng Tan, David Pekker, Lei Li, Paul W Leu. Carbon.
- "Reservoir engineering of Cooper-pair-assisted transport with cold atoms." François Damanet, Eduardo Mascarenhas, David Pekker, Andrew Daley. New Journal of Physics.
- "Bulk Geometry of the Many Body Localized Phase from Wilson-Wegner Flow." Xiongjie Yu, David Pekker, Bryan K Clark. arXiv preprint arXiv:1909.11097.
- "Pascal conductance series in ballistic one-dimensional LaAlO/SrTiO channels." Megan Briggeman, Michelle Tomczyk, Binbin Tian, Hyungwoo Lee, Jung-Woo Lee, Yuchi He, Anthony Tylan-Tyler, Mengchen Huang, Chang-Beom Eom, David Pekker, Roger SK Mong, Patrick Irvin, Jeremy Levy. arXiv preprint arXiv:1909.05698.