My research focuses on describing and controlling dynamics of quantum many-body systems. My goal is to address some of the fundamental problems of ultracold atom and condensed matter physics:
1. What are the generic alternatives to thermalization?
2. Interplay of pseudo gauge-fields, topology and dynamics
3. Dynamics of mesoscopic systems and (with and without non-Abelian excitations)
Addressing these fundamental physics questions will have important implications for: (1) understanding the limitations and alternatives to thermodynamics, (2) generating non-Abelian excitations in static ultracold atom systems and building photonic crystals with broken time-reversal symmetry, (3) control over non-Abelian excitations will be useful for building quantum memory and quantum computers.
- "Majorana Fermions in Equilibrium and in Driven Cold-Atom Quantum Wires," Liang Jiang, Takuya Kitagawa, Jason Alicea, A. R. Akhmerov, David Pekker, Gil Refael, J. Ignacio Cirac, Eugene Demler, Mikhail D. Lukin, and Peter Zoller, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 220402 (2011)
- "The ‘Higgs’ amplitude mode at the two-dimensional superfluid/Mott insulator transition," Manuel Endres, Takeshi Fukuhara, David Pekker, Marc Cheneau, Peter Schauβ, Christian Gross, Eugene Demler, Stefan Kuhr & Immanuel Bloch, Nature 487, 454 (2012)
- "Observation of Elastic Doublon Decay in the Fermi-Hubbard Model," Niels Strohmaier, Daniel Greif, Robert Jördens, Leticia Tarruell, Henning Moritz, Tilman Esslinger, Rajdeep Sensarma, David Pekker, Ehud Altman, and Eugene Demler, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 080401 (2010)
- "Hilbert-Glass Transition: New Universality of Temperature-Tuned Many-Body Dynamical Quantum Criticality," David Pekker, Gil Refael, Ehud Altman, Eugene Demler, and Vadim Oganesyan, Phys. Rev. X 4, 011052 (2014)
- "Quantum Interference Device Made by DNA Templating of Superconducting Nanowires," David S. Hopkins, David Pekker, Paul M. Goldbart, Alexey Bezryadin, Science 308, 1762 (2005)
- "Parahydrophobicity and stick-slip wetting dynamics of vertically aligned carbon nanotube forests," Z Zhou, T Gao, S McCarthy, A Kozbial, S Tan, D Pekker, L Li, and PW Leu. Carbon 152 (2019)
- "Weyl points in systems of multiple semiconductor-supersonductor quantum dots," J Stenger and D Pekker. arXiv 1904.09158 (2019)
- "Controlling Quantum Transport via Dissipation Engineering," F Damanet, E Mascarenhas, D Pekker, and AJ Daley. arXiv 1904.03631 (2019)
- "Constructing local integrals of motion in the many-body localized phase," V Oganesyan, D Pekker, A Raj, and S Gopalakrishnan. Bulletin of the American Physical Society (2019)
- "Multiparametric Amplification and Qubit Measurement with a Kerr-free Josephson Ring Modulator," TC Chien, O Lanes, C Liu, X Cao, P Lu, S Motz, G Liu, D Pekker, and M Hatridge. arXiv 1903.02102 (2019)