Jung-Kun Lee’s current research interests include energy and/or electro-optical applications of nano-structured materials. Specific emphasis is placed on
1.) photovoltaic application of wide band-gap nano-particles,
2.) material processing of electronic materials in forms of nano-particles, bulk ceramics/crystals, and thin films,
3.) optical and magnetic properties of nano-particles, and
4.) the surface modification using ion implantation and chemical methods.
Before joining the University of Pittsburgh, he also carried out the research on domain/strain engineering of ferroic materials and composite design of biomaterials.
- "Direct Observation of the Formation of Polar Nanoregions in Using Neutron Pair Distribution Function Analysis." I-K Jeong, TW Darling, Jung-Kun Lee, Th Proffen, RH Heffner, JS Park, KS Hong, Wojtek Dmowski, Takeshi Egami. Physical review letters.
- "Preparation of Nanoporous MgO-Coated TiO2 Nanoparticles and Their Application to the Electrode of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells." Hyun Suk Jung, Jung-Kun Lee, Michael Nastasi, Sang-Wook Lee, Jin-Young Kim, Jong-Sung Park, Kug Sun Hong, Hyunho Shin. Langmuir.
- "Nb-doped TiO2: a new compact layer material for TiO2 dye-sensitized solar cells." Sangwook Lee, Jun Hong Noh, Hyun Soo Han, Dong Kyun Yim, Dong Hoe Kim, Jung-Kun Lee, Jin Young Kim, Hyun Suk Jung, Kug Sun Hong. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C.
- "Magnesia-doped HA/β-TCP ceramics and evaluation of their biocompatibility." Hyun-Seung Ryu, Kug Sun Hong, Jung-Kun Lee, Deug Joong Kim, Jae Hyup Lee, Bong-Soon Chang, Dong-ho Lee, Choon-Ki Lee, Sung-Soo Chung. Biomaterials.
- "Two-step sol− gel method-based TiO2 nanoparticles with uniform morphology and size for efficient photo-energy conversion devices." Sangwook Lee, In-Sun Cho, Ji Hae Lee, Dong Hoe Kim, Dong Wook Kim, Jin Young Kim, Hyunho Shin, Jung-Kun Lee, Hyun Suk Jung, Nam-Gyu Park, Kyungkon Kim, Min Jae Ko, Kug Sun Hong. Chemistry of Materials.
- "Multi-functional transparent electrode for reliable flexible perovskite solar cells." Gill Sang Han, Seongha Lee, Matthew Lawrence Duff, Fen Qin, Minlin Jiang, Guangyong Li, Jung-Kun Lee. Journal of Power Sources.
- "Enhancement of grain growth and electrical conductivity of La0. 8Sr0. 2MnO3 ceramics by microwave irradiation." Fen Qin, Hee-Suk Roh, Salim Caliskan, Seongha Lee, Sun-Dong Kim, Sang Kook Woo, Jung-Kun Lee. Journal of the European Ceramic Society.
- "Photoluminescence of Cerium Doped Si Nanocrystals Embedded in Silicon Nitride Films." Tres A Harriman, Jung‐Kun Lee, Gun Yong Sung, Don A Lucca. physica status solidi (b).
- "Highly stable electronic device employing hydrophobic composite coating layer." Jung-Kun Lee, Gillsang Han. US Patent App.
- "Luminescence and electric dipole in Eu3+ doped strontium phosphate: Effect of SiO4." Hee-Suk Roh, Seongha Lee, Salim Caliskan, Chulsoo Yoon, Jung-Kun Lee. Journal of Alloys and Compounds.