Jung-Kun Lee’s current research interests include energy and/or electro-optical applications of nano-structured materials. Specific emphasis is placed on
1.) photovoltaic application of wide band-gap nano-particles,
2.) material processing of electronic materials in forms of nano-particles, bulk ceramics/crystals, and thin films,
3.) optical and magnetic properties of nano-particles, and
4.) the surface modification using ion implantation and chemical methods.
Before joining the University of Pittsburgh, he also carried out the research on domain/strain engineering of ferroic materials and composite design of biomaterials.
- "Direct observation of the formation of polar nanoregions in Pb (Mg 1/3 Nb 2/3) O 3 using neutron pair distribution function analysis," I.-K. Jeong, T. W. Darling, J. K. Lee, Th. Proffen, R. H. Heffner, J. S. Park, K. S. Hong, W. Dmowski, and T. Egami, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 147602 (2005)
- "Preparation of nanoporous MgO-coated TiO2 nanoparticles and their application to the electrode of dye-sensitized solar cells," Hyun Suk Jung, Jung-Kun Lee, Michael Nastasi, Sang-Wook Lee, Jin-Young Kim, Jong-Sung Park, Kug Sun Hong, Hyunho Shin, Langmuir 21, 10332 (2005)
- "Nb-doped TiO2: a new compact layer material for TiO2 dye-sensitized solar cells," Sangwook Lee, Jun Hong Noh, Hyun Soo Han, Dong Kyun Yim, Dong Hoe Kim, Jung-Kun Lee, Jin Young Kim, Hyun Suk Jung and Kug Sun Hong, J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 6878 (2009)
- "Two-step sol− gel method-based TiO2 nanoparticles with uniform morphology and size for efficient photo-energy conversion devices," Sangwook Lee, In-Sun Cho, Ji Hae Lee, Dong Hoe Kim, Dong Wook Kim, Jin Young Kim, Hyunho Shin, Jung-Kun Lee, Hyun Suk Jung, Nam-Gyu Park, Kyungkon Kim, Min Jae Ko and Kug Sun Hong, Chem. Mater. 22, 1958 (2010)
- "Magnesia-doped HA/β-TCP ceramics and evaluation of their biocompatibility,"Hyun-Seung Ryu, Kug Sun Hong, Jung-Kun Lee, Deug Joong Kim, Jae Hyup Lee, Bong-Soon Chang, Dong-ho Lee, Choon-Ki Lee, Sung-Soo Chung, Biomaterials 25, 393 (2004)
- "Luminescence and electric dipole in Eu3+ doped strontium phosphate: Effect of SiO4" HS Roh, S Lee, S Caliskan, C Yoon, JK Lee Journal of Alloys and Compounds 772, 573-578
- "Photoluminescence of Cerium Doped Si Nanocrystals Embedded in Silicon Nitride Films" TA Harriman, JK Lee, GY Sung, DA Lucca physica status solidi (b), 1800706
- "Enhanced Red Light Emission of OH–-Substituted Sr5(PO4)3Cl:Eu3+Nanophosphors" HS Roh, S Lee, F Qin, S Caliskan, C Yoon, JK Lee ACS Applied Nano Materials 1 (9), 4483-4490
- "New down-converter for UV-stable perovskite solar cells: Phosphor-in-glass." Roh, Hee-Suk, Gill Sang Han, Seongha Lee, Sanghyun Kim, Sungwoo Choi, Chulsoo Yoon, and Jung-Kun Lee. Journal of Power Sources 389 (2018): 135-139.