Kaushik’s research broadly lies in quantum information science and technologies, spanning quantum information theory, quantum sensing, quantum communications, and quantum computation. He is currently primarily interested in quantum communication networks. As quantum technologies continue to grow and mature, interconnecting quantum gadgets such as quantum sensors or quantum computers is key to realizing their full potential. This requires the ability to communicate quantum information reliably and efficiently over such quantum networks. Kaushik is interested in addressing research questions and challenges that lie across the different layers of a full quantum networking stack towards realizing the future quantum internet.
- "Continuous-variable quantum repeater based on the quantum scissors and mode multiplexing,’’ Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Hari Krovi, Saikat Guha, Physical Review Research, vol. 2, page 013310, March 2020. https://doi.org/10.1103/
- "Belief-Propagation with Quantum Messages on Pure-State Channels,’’ Narayanan Rengaswamy, Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Saikat Guha, Henry D. Pfister, npj Quantum Information 7, 97, June 2021. https://doi.org/10.1038/
- "Unconstrained Capacities of Quantum Key Distribution and Entanglement Distillation for Pure-Loss Bosonic Broadcast Channels,’’ Masahiro Takeoka, Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, and Mark M. Wilde, Physical Review Letters, vol. 119, page 150501, October 2017. https://doi.org/10.1103/
- "Quantum optical technologies for metrology, sensing and imaging,’’ Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Jonathan P. Dowling, Journal of Lightwave Technology vol. 33, no. 12, pages 2359 - 2370, June 2015. https://www.
osapublishing.org/jlt/ abstract.cfm?URI=jlt-33-12- 2359
- "Quantum Optical Technologies for Metrology, Sensing, and Imaging." Jonathan P. Dowling and Kaushik P. Seshadreesan. OSA Publishing.
- "Parity detection achieves the Heisenberg limit in interferometry with coherent mixed with squeezed vacuum light." Kaushik P Seshadreesan, Petr M Anisimov, Hwang Lee and Jonathan P Dowling. IOP Science.
- "Rényi generalizations of the conditional quantum mutual information." Mario Berta, Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, and Mark M. Wilde. AIP Journal of Mathematical Physics.
- "Phase estimation at the quantum Cramér-Rao bound via parity detection." Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Sejong Kim, Jonathan P. Dowling, and Hwang Lee. APS Physics.
- "Fidelity of recovery, squashed entanglement, and measurement recoverability." Kaushik P. Seshadreesan and Mark M. Wilde. APS Physics.
- "Belief propagation with quantum messages for quantum-enhanced classical communications." N. Rengaswamy, K.P. Seshadreesan, S. Guha, et al. npj Quantum Inf.
- "Multiplexed quantum repeaters based on dual-species trapped-ion system." Prajit Dhara, Norbert M. Linke, Edo Waks, Saikat Guha, and Kaushik P. Seshadreesan. arXiv.
- "Coherent manipulation of graph states composed of finite-energy Gottesman-Kitaev-Preskill-encoded qubits." Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Prajit Dhara, Ashlesha Patil, Liang Jiang, Saikat Guha. arXiv.
- "Demonstration of quantum advantage by a joint detection receiver for optical communications using quantum belief propagation on a trapped-ion device." Conor Delaney, Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Ian MacCormack, Alexey Galda, Saikat Guha, Prineha Narang. arXiv.
- "Binary homodyne detection for observing quadrature squeezing in satellite links." Christian R. Müller, Kaushik P. Seshadreesan, Christian Peuntinger, and Christoph Marquardt. APS Physics.