Ke Xu is a Research Assistant Professor at University of Pittsburgh, and Executive Co-Director of the Pittsburgh Quantum Institute. He received his B.S. in Optical Engineering and Optoelectronics from Zhejiang University in China, and his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of Illinois at Chicago, with his doctoral research focus on graphene- and DNA aptamer-based micro/nano scale electronic devices and their applications in photodetectors and biomolecular sensing. He started to work with Prof. Susan Fullerton-Shirey in 2014 at University of Notre Dame as a post-doctoral researcher, where he worked on the development of low-voltage and steep subthreshold swing components for beyond-CMOS electronic systems. He moved to University of Pittsburgh during 2016 as a research faculty. His current research interests include two-dimensional (2D) materials based nanoelectronic devices, with the focus on understanding ion-electron transport at the molecular level, for application in next-generation energy efficient electronic devices at the limit of scaling for memory, logic, energy storage, and quantum information science.
- "Realizing Large-Scale, Electronic-Grade Two-Dimensional Semiconductors." Yu-Chuan Lin, Bhakti Jariwala, Brian M Bersch, Ke Xu, Yifan Nie, Baoming Wang, Sarah M Eichfeld, Xiaotian Zhang, Tanushree H Choudhury, Yi Pan, Rafik Addou, Christopher M Smyth, Jun Li, Kehao Zhang, M Aman Haque, Stefan Fölsch, Randall M Feenstra, Robert M Wallace, Kyeongjae Cho, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey, Joan M Redwing, Joshua A Robinson. ACS nano.
- "Graphene-and aptamer-based electrochemical biosensor." Ke Xu, Xenia Meshik, Barbara M Nichols, Eugene Zakar, Mitra Dutta, Michael A Stroscio. Nanotechnology.
- "Monolayer Solid-State Electrolyte for Electric Double Layer Gating of Graphene Field-Effect Transistors." Ke Xu, Hao Lu, Erich W Kinder, Alan Seabaugh, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey. ACS nano.
- "Tuning the Electronic and Photonic Properties of Monolayer MoS2 via In Situ Rhenium Substitutional Doping." Kehao Zhang, Brian M Bersch, Jaydeep Joshi, Rafik Addou, Christopher R Cormier, Chenxi Zhang, Ke Xu, Natalie C Briggs, Ke Wang, Shruti Subramanian, Kyeongjae Cho, Susan Fullerton‐Shirey, Robert M Wallace, Patrick M Vora, Joshua A Robinson. Advanced Functional Materials.
- "Electrical conductivity and dielectric properties of PMMA/graphite nanoplatelet ensembles." Ke Xu, Danilo Erricolo, Mitra Dutta, Michael A Stroscio. Superlattices and Microstructures.
- "Molecularly thin electrolyte for all-solid-state non-volatile two-dimensional crystal memory." Jierui Liang,# Ke Xu,#,* Maokun Wu, Benjamin Matthew Hunt, Wei-Hua Wang, Kyeongjae Cho, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey.* Nano letters.
- "Electric-field-induced optical hysteresis in single-layer WSe2." Zheng Sun, Jonathan Beaumariage, Ke Xu, Jierui Liang, Shaocong Hou, Stephen R Forrest, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey, David W Snoke. Applied Physics Letters.
- "Electric Double-Layer Gating of Two-Dimensional Field-Effect Transistors Using a Single-Ion Conductor." Ke Xu,#,* Jierui Liang,# Aaron Woeppel, M Eli Bostian, Hangjun Ding, Zhongmou Chao, James R McKone, Eric J Beckman, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey.* ACS applied materials & interfaces.
- "Impact of Post‐Lithography Polymer Residue on the Electrical Characteristics of MoS2 and WSe2 Field Effect Transistors." Jierui Liang,# Ke Xu,#,* Blaec Toncini, Brian Bersch, Bhakti Jariwala, Yu‐Chuan Lin, Joshua Robinson, Susan K Fullerton‐Shirey.* Advanced Materials Interfaces.
- "Pulse Dynamics of Electric Double Layer Formation on All-Solid-State Graphene Field-Effect Transistors." Ke Xu, Md Mahbubul Islam, David Guzman, Alan C Seabaugh, Alejandro Strachan, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey. ACS applied materials & interfaces.
#Contributed equally;*Corresponding author