Quantum information is a rapidly growing theoretical and experimental field which seeks to harness the complexity and coherence of quantum bits to address challenges in computation and the simulation of complex quantum systems. My research focuses on the use of superconducting microwave circuits as a quantum information platform. In particular, we will focus on the use of microwave photons as quantum information carriers. We will develop techniques to create, manipulate, and measure microwave light and use it to entangle larger quantum systems.
Efficient amplification of microwave signals is fundamental to this research, as it allows us to faithfully decode and record information contained in pulses of microwave light. We will develop superconducting parametric amplifiers with the goal of achieving performance very close to the quantum limit, where the amplifier itself can perform unitary operations on its input fields. This allows us to create new and complex measurement operations, which in turn will be used to entangle remote quantum bits and detect and remedy errors in quantum registers.
- "Josephson parametric converter saturation and higher order effects," G. Liu, T.-C. Chien, X. Cao, O. Lanes, E. Alpern, D. Pekker, and M. Hatridge, arXiv:1703.04425v1
- "Quantum memory with millisecond coherence in circuit QED," Reagor, M., Pfaff, W., Axline, C., Heeres, R.W., Ofek, N., Sliwa, K., Holland, E., Wang, C., Blumoff, J., Chou, K., Hatridge, M.J., Frunzio, L., Devoret, M.H., Jiang, L., Schoelkopf, R.J., Phys Rev B 94, 014506 (2016)
- "Theory of remote entanglement via quantum-limited phase-preserving amplification," Silveri, M., Zalys-Geller, E., Hatridge, M., Leghtas, Z., Devoret, M.H., Girvin, S.M.,
Phys Rev A 93, 062310 (2016)
- "Planar Multilayer Circuit Quantum Electrodynamics," Minev, Z.K., Serniak, K., Pop, I.M., Leghtas, Z., Sliwa, K., Hatridge, M., Frunzio, L., Schoelkopf, R.J., Devoret, M.H., Phys Rev Applied 5, 044021 (2016)
- "Comparing and combining measurement-based and driven-dissipative entanglement stabilization," Liu, Y., Shankar, S., Ofek, N., Hatridge, M., Narla, A., Sliwa, K.M., Frunzio, L., Schoelkopf, R.J., Devoret, M.H., Phys Rev X, 6, 011022 (2016)
- "Robust concurrent remote entanglement between two superconducting qubits," Narla, A., Shankar, S., Hatridge, M., Leghtas, Z., Sliwa, K.M., Zalys-Geller, E., Mundhada, S.O., Pfaff, W., Frunzio, L., Schoelkopf, R.J., Devoret, M.H., Phys Rev X, 6, 031036 (2016)
|Alpern, Edan||Undergraduate Student||Edan_A@pitt.edu|
|Bilgin, Anil||Undergraduate Student|
|Brindock, Erick||Undergraduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cao, Xi||Graduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Chien, Tzu-Chiao||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lanes, Olivia||Graduate Student||Otl1@pitt.edu|
|Liu, Gangqiang||Postdoctoral Fellowemail@example.com|
|Lu, Pinlei||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Motz, Sarah||Undergraduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Mucci, Maria||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- "SQUID-detected magnetic resonance imaging in microtesla fields," John Clarke, Michael Hatridge, Michael Mößle. Annu. Rev. Biomed. Eng. 9 (2007): 389-413.
- "Dispersive magnetometry with a quantoum limited SQUID parametric amplifier," Hatridge, M., Vijay, R., Slichter, D.H., Clarke, J., Siddiqi, I., Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics 83, no. 13 (2011)
- "Autonomously stabilized entanglement between two superconducting quantum bits," Shyam Shankar, Michael Hatridge, Zaki Leghtas, K. M. Sliwa, Aniruth Narla, Uri Vool, Steven M. Girvin, Luigi Frunzio, Mazyar Mirrahimi, Michel H. Devoret. Nature 504, no. 7480 (2013): 419.
- "Quantum back-action of an individual variable-strength measurement," Michael Hatridge, Shyam Shankar, Mazyar Mirrahimi, F. Schackert, K. Geerlings, T. Brecht, K. M. Sliwa, Science 339, no. 6116 (2013): 178-181.
- "Confining the state of light to a quantum manifold by engineered two-photon loss," Zaki Leghtas, Steven Touzard, Ioan M. Pop, Angela Kou, Brian Vlastakis, Andrei Petrenko, Katrina M. Sliwa. Science 347, no. 6224 (2015): 853-857.
- "Braidonium: a braiding quantum circuit based on the 4π Josephson effect," John P. T. Stenger, Michael Hatridge, Sergey M. Frolov, David Pekker, arXiv:1808.03309v1
- "Josephson parametric converter saturation and higher order effects," G. Liu, T.-C. Chien, X. Cao, O. Lanes, E. Alpern, D. Pekker, and M. Hatridge, arXiv:1703.04425, (2017)
- "Robust concurrent remote entanglement between two superconducting qubits," Narla, S. Shankar, M. Hatridge, Z. Leghtas, K. M. Sliwa, E. Zalys-Geller, S. O. Mundhada, W. Pfaff, L. Frunzio, R. J. Schoelkopf, M. H. Devoret, arXiv:1603.03742 (2016)
- "Theory of remote entanglement via quantum-limited phase-preserving amplification," Matti Silveri, Evan Zalys-Geller, Michael Hatridge, Zaki Leghtas, Michel H. Devoret, and S. M. Girvin, arXiv:1507.00732 (2016)
- "Comparing and Combining Measurement-Based and Driven-Dissipative Entanglement Stabilization," Y. Liu, S. Shankar, N. Ofek, M. Hatridge, A. Narla, K. M. Sliwa, L. Frunzio, R. J. Schoelkopf, and M. H. Devoret, Phys. Rev. 6, 011022 (2016)
- "Reconfigurable Josephson Circulator/Directional Amplifier," K. M. Sliwa, M. Hatridge, A. Narla, S. Shankar, L. Frunzio, R. J. Schoelkopf, and M. H. Devoret, Phys. Rev. 5, 041020 (2015)