Dr. Youngblood will join the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Pittsburgh as a tenure-track assistant professor in September 2019. He received his PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota where his research focused on integrating 2D materials with silicon photonics for high-speed optoelectronic applications. From 2017 to 2019, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oxford developing phase-change photonic devices for integrated optical memory and computation. His research interests include bi-stable optical materials, 2D material optoelectronics, and photonic architectures for machine learning.
- "Waveguide-integrated black phosphorus photodetector with high responsivity and low dark current." Nathan Youngblood, Che Chen, Steven J Koester, and Mo Li. Nature Photonics 9.4 (2015).
- "Multifunctional graphene optical modulator and photodetector integrated on silicon waveguides." Nathan Youngblood, Yoska Anugrah, Rui Ma, Steven J Koester, and Mo Li. Nano Letters 14.5 (2014).
- "Three-dimensional integration of black phosphorus photodetector with silicon photonics and nanoplasmonics." Che Chen, Nathan Youngblood, Ruoming Peng, Daehan Yoo, Daniel A Mohr, Timothy W Johnson, Sang-Hyun Oh, and Mo Li. Nano Letters 17.2 (2017).
- "Layer-tunable third-harmonic generation in multilayer black phosphorus." Nathan Youngblood, Ruoming Peng, Andrei Nemilentsau, Tony Low, and Mo Li. ACS Photonics 4.1 (2016).
- "Midinfrared electro-optic modulation in few-layer black phosphorus." Ruoming Peng, Kaveh Khaliji, Nathan Youngblood, Roberto Grassi, Tony Low, and Mo Li. Nano Letters 17.10 (2017).
- "Tunable Volatility of Ge2Sb2Te5 in Integrated Photonics." Nathan Youngblood, Carlos Ríos et. al. Advanced Functional Materials 29.11 (2019).
- "In-memory computing on a photonic platform." Carlos Ríos, Nathan Youngblood et. al. Science Advances 5.2 (2019).
- "Fast and reliable storage using a 5 bit, nonvolatile photonic memory cell." Xuan Li, Nathan Youngblood, Carlos Ríos, Zengguang Cheng, C David Wright, Wolfram HP Pernice, and Harish Bhaskaran. Optica 6.1 (2019).
- "Engineering Interface-Dependent Photoconductivity in Ge2Sb2Te5 Nanoscale Devices." Syed Ghazi Sarwat, Nathan Youngblood, Yat-Yin Au, Jan A Mol, C David Wright, and Harish Bhaskaran. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 10.51 (2018).
- "Controlled switching of phase-change materials by evanescent-field coupling in integrated photonics." Rios, Carlos, Matthias Stegmaier, Zengguang Cheng, Nathan Youngblood, C. David Wright, Wolfram HP Pernice, and Harish Bhaskaran. Optical Materials Express, 8(9), 2455-2470.