Dr. Youngblood will join the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Pittsburgh as a tenure-track assistant professor in September 2019. He received his PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota where his research focused on integrating 2D materials with silicon photonics for high-speed optoelectronic applications. From 2017 to 2019, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oxford developing phase-change photonic devices for integrated optical memory and computation. His research interests include bi-stable optical materials, 2D material optoelectronics, and photonic architectures for machine learning.
- "Waveguide-integrated black phosphorus photodetector with high responsivity and low dark current." Nathan Youngblood, Che Chen, Steven J Koester, Mo Li. Nature Photonics.
- "Multifunctional graphene optical modulator and photodetector integrated on silicon waveguides." Nathan Youngblood, Yoska Anugrah, Rui Ma, Steven J Koester, Mo Li. Nano letters.
- "Three-dimensional integration of black phosphorus photodetector with silicon photonics and nanoplasmonics." Che Chen, Nathan Youngblood, Ruoming Peng, Daehan Yoo, Daniel A Mohr, Timothy W Johnson, Sang-Hyun Oh, Mo Li. Nano letters.
- "Layer-tunable third-harmonic generation in multilayer black phosphorus." Nathan Youngblood, Ruoming Peng, Andrei Nemilentsau, Tony Low, Mo Li. ACS Photonics.
- "Midinfrared electro-optic modulation in few-layer black phosphorus." Ruoming Peng, Kaveh Khaliji, Nathan Youngblood, Roberto Grassi, Tony Low, Mo Li. Nano letters.
- "Broadly-tunable smart glazing using an ultra-thin phase-change material." Nathan Youngblood, Clément Talagrand, Benjamin Porter, Carmelo Guido Galante, Steven Kneepkens, Syed Ghazi Sarwat, Dmitry Yarmolich, Ruy S Bonilla, Peiman Hosseini, Robert Taylor, Harish Bhaskaran. arXiv preprint arXiv:1911.02990.
- "A plasmonic route towards the energy scaling of on-chip integrated all-photonic phase-change memories." Emanuele Gemo, S García-Cuevas Carrillo, Joaquin Faneca, Nathan Youngblood, Wolfram HP Pernice, Harish Bhaskaran, C David Wright. E\PCOS.
- "Behavioral modeling of integrated phase-change photonic devices for neuromorphic computing applications." Santiago G-C Carrillo, Emanuele Gemo, Xuan Li, Nathan Youngblood, Andrew Katumba, Peter Bienstman, Wolfram Pernice, Harish Bhaskaran, C David Wright. APL Materials.
- "Strong Opto-Structural Coupling in Low Dimensional GeSe3 Films." Syed Ghazi Sarwat, Zengguang Cheng, Nathan Youngblood, Mohd Sharizal Alias, Sapna Sinha, Jamie Warner, Harish Bhaskaran. Nano letters.
- "Plasmonically-enhanced all-optical integrated phase-change memory." Emanuele Gemo, Santiago Garcia-Cuevas Carrillo, Carlota Ruiz De Galarreta, Anna Baldycheva, Hasan Hayat, Nathan Youngblood, Harish Bhaskaran, Wolfram HP Pernice, C David Wright. Optics express.