Dr. Youngblood will join the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Pittsburgh as a tenure-track assistant professor in September 2019. He received his PhD in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota where his research focused on integrating 2D materials with silicon photonics for high-speed optoelectronic applications. From 2017 to 2019, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oxford developing phase-change photonic devices for integrated optical memory and computation. His research interests include bi-stable optical materials, 2D material optoelectronics, and photonic architectures for machine learning.
- "Waveguide-integrated black phosphorus photodetector with high responsivity and low dark current." Nathan Youngblood, Che Chen, Steven J Koester, Mo Li. Nature Photonics. 2015.
- "All-optical spiking neurosynaptic networks with self-learning capabilities." J Feldmann, N Youngblood, CD Wright, H Bhaskaran, WHP Pernice. Nature 569 (7755), 208-214. 609. 2019.
- "Parallel convolutional processing using an integrated photonic tensor core." J Feldmann, N Youngblood, M Karpov, H Gehring, X Li, M Stappers, ... Nature 589 (7840), 52-58. 2021.
- "Multifunctional graphene optical modulator and photodetector integrated on silicon waveguides." Nathan Youngblood, Yoska Anugrah, Rui Ma, Steven J Koester, Mo Li. Nano letters. 2014.
- "In-memory computing on a photonic platform." C Ríos, N Youngblood, Z Cheng, M Le Gallo, WHP Pernice, CD Wright, ... Science advances 5 (2), eaau5759. 2019.
- "Photonic (computational) memories: tunable nanophotonics for data storage and computing." C Lian, C Vagionas, T Alexoudi, N Pleros, N Youngblood, C Ríos. Nanophotonics. 2022.
- "Coherent Photonic Crossbar Arrays for Large-Scale Matrix-Matrix Multipication." N Youngblood. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 2022.
- "Electronically reconfigurable photonic switches incorporating plasmonic structures and phase change materials." N Farmakidis, N Youngblood, JS Lee, J Feldmann, A Lodi, Xi Li, ... Advanced Science, 2200383. 2022.
- "Designing fast and efficient electrically driven phase change photonics using foundry compatible waveguide-integrated microheaters." JR Erickson, V Shah, Q Wan, N Youngblood, F Xiong. Optics Express 30 (8), 13673-13689.
- "Reconfigurable low-emissivity optical coating using ultrathin phase change materials." N Youngblood, C Talagrand, BF Porter, CG Galante, Skneepkens, ... ACS Photonics 9 (1), 90-100. 2021.