Our research involves the design and synthesis of novel hybrid inorganic-organic-biomolecule materials and studying, understanding, and precisely controlling their structures and properties. This research encompasses organic and inorganic synthesis, coordination chemistry, solid-state chemistry, biomolecule assembly, and nanoparticle synthesis and assembly. We are particular motivated by applications related to the porosity of metal-organic framework materials (e.g. gas storage and separations) and the unique collective plasmonic properties of peptide-nanoparticle assemblies.
|Luo, Tianyi||Graduate Student||LuoTianyi@pitt.edu|
|Dasgupta, Teesta||Graduate Student||TED28@pitt.edu|
|Hogan, Camera||Undergraduate Student||CDH43@pitt.edu|
|Koby, Samuel||Undergraduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mohamed , Mona||Postdoctoral Fellow||MHM41@pitt.edu|
|Muldoon , Patrick||Graduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Punekar , Soumitra||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Schulte, Zachary||Graduate Studentemail@example.com|
|Zhou, Yicheng||Graduate Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- "Systematic Design of Pore Size and Functionality in Isoreticular MOFs and Their Application in Methane Storage," Mohamed Eddaoudi, Jaheon Kim, Nathaniel Rosi, David Vodak, Joseph Wachter, Michael 'Keeffe, Omar M. Yaghi, Science, 295, 469 (2002)
- "Nanostructures in Biodiagnostics," Nathaniel L. Rosi and Chad A. Mirkin, Chem. Rev., 105, 1547 (2005)
- "Hydrogen Storage in Microporous Metal-Organic Frameworks," Nathaniel L. Rosi, Juergen Eckert, Mohamed Eddaoudi, David T. Vodak, Jaheon Kim, Michael O'Keeffe, Omar M. Yaghi, Science, 300, 1127 (2003)
- "Rod Packings and Metal-Organic Frameworks Constructed from Rod-Shaped Secondary Building Units," Nathaniel L. Rosi, Jaheon Kim, Mohamed Eddaoudi, Banglin Chen, Michael O’Keeffe and Omar M. Yaghi, J. AM. CHEM. SOC., 127, 1504 (2005)
- "Oligonucleotide-Modified Gold Nanoparticles for Intracellular Gene Regulation,"Nathaniel L. Rosi, David A. Giljohann, C. Shad Thaxton, Abigail K. R. Lytton-Jean, Min Su Han, Chad A. Mirkin, Science,312, 1027 (2006)
- "Programmable topology in new families of heterobimetallic metal-organic frameworks," P.F. Muldoon, C. Liu, C.C. Miller, S.B. Koby, A. Gamble Jarvi, T.Y. Luo, S. Saxena, M. O’Keeffe, and N.L. Rosi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 140, 6194 (2018).
- Systematic adjustment of pitch and particle dimensions within a family of chiral plasmonic gold nanoparticle single helices. S. Mokashi-Punekar, A.D. Merg, and N.L. Rosi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 15043 (2017).
- Rare earth pcu metal-organic framework platform based on RE4(m3-OH)4(COO)62+ clusters: rational design, directed synthesis, and deliberate tuning of excitation wavelengths. T.Y. Luo, C. Liu, S.V. Eliseeva, P.F. Muldoon, S. Petoud*, and N.L. Rosi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139, 9333 (2017).
- Peptide-directed assembly of single-helical gold nanoparticle superstructures exhibiting intense chiroptical activity. A.D. Merg, J.C. Boatz, A. Mandal, G. Zhao, S. Punekar, C. Liu, Z. Wang, P. Zhang, P.C.A. van der Wel, N.L. Rosi, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,138, 13655 (2016).
- Establishing porosity gradients within metal-organic frameworks using partial postsynthetic ligand exchange. C. Liu, C. Zeng, T.Y. Luo, A.D. Merg, R. Jin, N.L. Rosi, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138, 12045 (2016).