Prashant Krishnamurthy is a professor at the School of Computing and Information. He teaches at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, offering introductory and advanced courses on wireless networks and cryptography. He also was one of the cofounders of the school’s Laboratory for Education and Research in Security Assured Information Systems (LERSAIS), a national Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Information Assurance Education (IAC) and Research (IAR).
Krishnamurthy’s research on position/location and security in wireless networks has expanded to consider avant-garde directions for radio spectrum policy and spectrum virtualization, efficient design of location-based social networks, the design of positioning schemes to support wayfinding, and approaches to multi-level information privacy. During his time at Pitt, Krishnamurthy has developed new courses and programs of study for the school, particularly addressing the wireless and security curricula, which has attracted over $5 million in curriculum and education/scholarships grants (for which he served as either the principal investigator or coprincipal investigator) from the National Science Foundation and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- "Modeling of indoor positioning systems based on location fingerprinting." Kamol Kaemarungsi and Prashant Krishnamurthy, Ieee Infocom 2004. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2004.
- "Handoff in hybrid mobile data networks." Pahlavan, K., Krishnamurthy, P., Hatami, A., Ylianttila, M., Makela, J. P., Pichna, R., & Vallstron, J. IEEE Personal Communications 7.2 (2000): 34-47.
- "Properties of indoor received signal strength for WLAN location fingerprinting." Kamol Kaemarungsi and Prashant Krishnamurthy, The First Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services, 2004. MOBIQUITOUS 2004. IEEE, 2004.
- "On indoor position location with wireless LANs." Phongsak Prasithsangaree, Prashant Krishnamurthy, and Panos Chrysanthis, The 13th IEEE international symposium on personal, indoor and mobile radio communications. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2002.
- "Wideband radio propagation modeling for indoor geolocation applications." Kaveh Pahlavan, Prashant Krishnamurthy, and A. Beneat, IEEE Communications Magazine 36.4 (1998): 60-65.
- "On configuring radio resources in virtualized fractional frequency reuse cellular networks." Xin Wang, Prashant Krishnamurthy, and David Tipper, Computer Communications 79 (2016): 78-91.
- "Socio-spatial affiliation networks." Konstantinos Pelechrinis and Prashant Krishnamurthy, Computer Communications 73 (2016): 251-262.
- "A collaborative spectrum-sharing framework for LTE virtualization." Xin Wang, Prashant Krishnamurthy, and David Tipper, 2015 IEEE Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC). IEEE, 2015.
- "Resource allocation for heterogeneous traffic in LTE virtual networks." Ayman AbdelHamid, Prashant Krishnamurthy, and David Tipper, 2015 16th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2015.
- "Technologies for positioning in indoor Areas." Prashant Krishnamurthy, Indoor wayfinding and navigation 35 (2015).