Dr. Qing Li is an Assistant Professor in the ECE department of Carnegie Mellon University. He received his Ph.D. from Georgia Institute of Technology, with his doctoral research focused on developing optical signal processing technologies in both silicon and silicon nitride platforms. He then worked as a CNST/UMD postdoctoral researcher in National Institute of Standards and Technology, where he developed techniques for chip-scale quantum frequency conversion, octave-spanning microresonator frequency combs for optical frequency synthesis, and photonic interfaces for interrogating rubidium atomic systems. His current research interests include the study of nonlinear optical processes and quantum information science using nanophotonics.
The general research interest of the group is to study light and matter interactions that can be realized in an integrated photonics platform. One particular focus is on the nonlinear aspects of such interactions, which is a key enabling factor of many photonic technologies. In addition, it plays an increasingly important role in emerging fields such as quantum information processing and quantum computing. Using advanced nanofabrication and optical designs, the group aims to develop novel photonic materials/devices on the chip scale for classical and quantum information processing.
- "An optical-frequency synthesizer using integrated photonics." D.T. Spencer, T. Drake, T. C. Briles, J. Stone, L. C. Sinclair, C. Fredrick, Q. Li, etc. Nature.
- "Efficient and low-noise single-photon-level frequency conversion interfaces using silicon nanophotonics." Qing Li, Marcelo Davanco, Kartik Srinivasan. Nature Photonics.
- "High resolution on-chip spectroscopy based on miniaturized microdonut resonators." Zhixuan Xia, Ali Asghar Eftekhar, Mohammad Soltani, Babak Momeni, Qing Li, Maysamreza Chamanzar, Siva Yegnanarayanan, Ali Adibi. Optics express.
- "Stably accessing octave-spanning microresonator frequency combs in the soliton regime." Qing Li, Travis C Briles, Daron A Westly, Tara E Drake, Jordan R Stone, B Robert Ilic, Scott A Diddams, Scott B Papp, Kartik Srinivasan. Optica (arXiv preprint arXiv:1611.09229).
- "Systematic engineering of waveguide-resonator coupling for silicon microring/microdisk/racetrack resonators: theory and experiment." Mohammad Soltani, Siva Yegnanarayanan, Qing Li, Ali Adibi. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics.
- "Advanced Technologies for Quantum Photonic Devices Based on Epitaxial Quantum Dots." Tian Ming Zhao, Yan Chen, Ying Yu, Qing Li, Marcelo Davanco, Jin Liu. Advanced Quantum Technologies.
- "Broadband resonator-waveguide coupling for efficient extraction of octave-spanning microcombs." Gregory Moille, Qing Li, Travis C Briles, Su-Peng Yu, Tara Drake, Xiyuan Lu, Ashutosh Rao, Daron Westly, Scott B Papp, Kartik Srinivasan. Optics Letters.
- "Milliwatt-threshold visible-telecom optical parametric oscillation using silicon nanophotonics." Xiyuan Lu, Gregory Moille, Anshuman Singh, Qing Li, Daron A Westly, Ashutosh Rao, Su-Peng Yu, Travis C Briles, Tara Drake, Scott B Papp, Kartik Srinivasan. arXiv preprint arXiv:1909.07248.
- "Chip-Integrated Soliton Microcombs at Cryogenic Temperatures." Gregory Moille, Xiyuan Lu, Qing Li, Ashutosh Rao, Daron Westly, Leonardo Ranzani, Scott B Papp, Mohammad Soltani, Kartik Srinivasan. Frontiers in Optics.
- "pyLLE: a Fast and User Friendly Software Package for Microcomb Simulations." Gregory Moille, Qing Li, Xiyuan Lu, Ashutosh Rao, Kartik Srinivasan. Frontiers in Optics.