Raúl Hernández Sánchez
Raúl Hernández Sánchez's research group is interested in combining supramolecular, inorganic, and materials chemistry to synthesize functional systems that bridge the gap between nanoscale materials and molecular chemistry. Their research is focused on developing new synthetic methodologies to access well-defined nanometer-sized clusters where they can investigate surface structure-function relationships relevant in catalytic and magnetic materials. Other efforts in the Hernández Sánchez (HS) group are aimed at designing and synthesizing structural analogues of carbon nanotubes where exquisite control of the resulting framework allows for properties manipulation.
Students in the HS group will engage in synthetic chemistry and develop familiarity with a range of spectroscopic, electrochemical, crystallographic and magnetic techniques. While rooted in synthetic chemistry, research in the HS group will interface with materials, organic, theory, and physical chemistry.
- "High total proton conductivity in large-grained yttrium-doped barium zirconate," Y Yamazaki, R Hernandez-Sanchez, SM Haile, Chemistry of Materials 21, 2755 (2009
- "Cation non-stoichiometry in yttrium-doped barium zirconate: phase behavior, microstructure, and proton conductivity," Y Yamazaki, R Hernandez-Sanchez, SM Haile, Journal of Materials Chemistry 20, 8158 (2010)
- "Disulfide reductive elimination from an iron (III) complex,"Janice L Wong, Raúl Hernández Sánchez, Jennifer Glancy Logan, Ryan A Zarkesh, Joseph W Ziller, Alan F Heyduk, Chemical Science 4, 1906 (2013)
- "Probing the role of an Fe IV tetrazene in catalytic aziridination," SA Cramer, R Hernández Sánchez, DF Brakhage, DM Jenkins, Chemical Communications 50, 13967 (2014)
- "Metal Atom Lability in Polynuclear Complexes," EV Eames, R Hernández Sánchez, TA Betley, Inorganic chemistry 52, 5006 (2013)
- "Molecular Materials for Nonaqueous Flow Batteries with a High Coulombic Efficiency and Stable Cycling," Margarita Milton, Qian Cheng, Yuan Yang, Colin Nuckolls, Raúl Hernández Sánchez, Thomas J Sisto, Nano Letters, 17, 7859 (2017)
- "Towards Catalytic Ammonia Oxidation to Dinitrogen: A Synthetic Cycle Using a Simple Manganese Complex,"Megan Keener, Madeline Peterson, Raúl Hernández Sánchez, Victoria F Oswald, Guang Wu, Gabriel Menard, Chemistry-A European Journal 23, 11479 (2017)
- "Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes: Mimics of Biological Ion Channels,"Hasti Amiri, Kenneth L Shepard, Colin Nuckolls, Raúl Hernández Sánchez, American Chemical Society, 17, 1204 (2017)
- " Mechanistic insight into high-spin iron (I)-catalyzed butadiene dimerization," Heejun Lee, Michael G Campbell, Raúl Hernández Sánchez, Jonas Börgel, Jean Raynaud, Sarah E Parker, Tobias Ritter, American Chemical Society, 17, 2923 (2017)
- "Maximizing Electron Exchange in a [Fe3] Cluster," Raúl Hernández Sánchez, Amymarie K Bartholomew, Tamara M Powers, Gabriel Ménard, Theodore A Betle, American Chemical Society, 16, 2235 (2017)