- Transport phenomena of heat, charge, and mass – simulation and experimental characterization of nanoscale transport; thermal transport in novel materials including 2D layered materials, phase change materials, ferroelectric materials, and soft matters; transport phenomena at interface; multi-scale simulation from nano to macroscale
- Solid-state energy conversion – thermoelectrics; electrochemistry; electrocalorics
- "Hydrodynmic phonon transport in suspended graphene," S. Lee, D. Broido, K. Esfarjani, and G. Chen, Nature Communications 6, 6290 (2015)
- "Nanostructured thermoelectric materials, in Innovative Thermoelectric Materials", S. Lee, and G. Chen, in Innovative Thermoelectric Materials (2016)
- "Resonant bonding leads to low lattice thermal conductivity," S. Lee, K. Esfarjani, T. Luo, J. Zhou, Z.T. Tian, and G. Chen, Nature Communications 5, 3525 (2014)
- "Lattice thermal conductivity of Bi, Sb, and Bi-Sb alloy from first principles," S. Lee, K. Esfarjani, J. Mendoza, M.S. Dresselhaus, and G. Chen, Phys. Rev. B 89, 085206 (2014)
- "Enhanced thermoelectric figure of merit of p-type half" X Yan, G Joshi, W Liu, Y Lan, H Wang, S Lee - Nano, 2010 - ACS Publications
- "Biological imaging of HEK293 cells expressing PLCγ1 using surface-enhanced Raman microscopy" S Lee, S Kim, J Choo, SY Shin, YH Lee - Analytical, 2007 - ACS Publications
- "Highly sensitive immunoassay of lung cancer marker carcinoembryonic antigen using surface-enhanced Raman scattering of hollow gold nanospheres" H Chon, S Lee, SW Son, CH Oh, J Choo - Analytical chemistry, 2009 - ACS Publications
- "Enhancement of thermoelectric figure-of-merit by resonant states of aluminium doping in lead selenide", H Wang, B Yu, Q Zhang, Z Tian, G Ni, S Lee - Energy &, 2012 - pubs.rsc.org
- "Resonant bonding leads to low lattice thermal conductivity" S Lee, K Esfarjani, T Luo, J Zhou, Z Tian - Nature, 2014 - nature.com
"Machine-learning-based interatomic potential for phonon transport in perfect crystalline Si and crystalline Si with vacancies." Banaei, H., Guo, R., Hashemi, A., & Lee, S. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS, 3(7). 10.1103/PhysRevMaterials.3.074603.
"Hydrodynamic Phonon Transport: Past, Present, and Prospect." Lee, S., & Li, X. (2019). In Nanoscale Energy Transport: Emerging Phenomena, Methods, and Applications, Liao, B. (Ed.). Institute of Physics Publishing
"Thermal Resistance by Transition Between Collective and Non-Collective Phonon Flows in Graphitic Materials," S Lee, X Li, and R Guo. Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering (2019)
"Crossover of ballistic, hydrodynamic, and diffusive phonon transport in suspended graphene," X Li and S Lee. Phys Rev B (2019)
"Role of hydrodynamic viscosity on phonon transport in suspended graphene." Li, X., Lee, S. Physical Review B 97(9),094309 (2018).