Wes is a new assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Pittsburgh, and the Transue lab will focus on the use of inorganic synthesis to investigate the role of molecules in the second quantum revolution. Careful metal selection and ligand design will allow a methodical approach to preparation of molecules with desirable optical and magnetic properties, such as the DiVincenzo criteria for quantum bits (“qubits”). Experimental characterization of these molecules will be central to defining the electronic structure, and a major focus of the lab will involve investigations of the ground and excited states using electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) and magnetic circular dichroism (MCD) spectroscopies.
- "[Ir(N^N^N)(C^N)L]+: A New Family of Luminophores Combining Tunability and Enhanced Photostability." Danielle N Chirdon, Wesley J Transue, Husain N Kagalwala, Aman Kaur, Andrew B Maurer, Tomislav Pintauer, Stefan Bernhard. Inorganic chemistry.
- "Mechanism and scope of phosphinidene transfer from dibenzo-7-phosphanorbornadiene compounds." Wesley J Transue, Alexandra Velian, Matthew Nava, Cristina García-Iriepa, Manuel Temprado, Christopher C Cummins. Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- "Highly Fluorinated Ir(III)–2,2′:6′,2″-Terpyridine–Phenylpyridine–X Complexes via Selective C–F Activation: Robust Photocatalysts for Solar Fuel Generation and Photoredox Catalysis." Jonathan A Porras, Isaac N Mills, Wesley J Transue, Stefan Bernhard. Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- "Kinetic analysis of amino acid radicals formed in H2O2-driven CuI LPMO reoxidation implicates dominant homolytic reactivity." Stephen M Jones, Wesley J Transue, Katlyn K Meier, Bradley Kelemen, Edward I Solomon. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- "Spectroscopic Characterization, Computational Investigation, and Comparisons of ECX– (E = As, P, and N; X = S and O) Anions." Gao-Lei Hou, Bo Chen, Wesley J Transue, Zheng Yang, Hansjörg Grützmacher, Matthias Driess, Christopher C Cummins, Weston Thatcher Borden, Xue-Bin Wang. Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- "The three-spin intermediate at the O–O cleavage and proton-pumping junction in heme–Cu oxidases." Anex Jose, Andrew W Schaefer, Antonio C Roveda Jr, Wesley J Transue, Sylvia K Choi, Ziqiao Ding, Robert B Gennis, Edward I Solomon. Science.
- "31P NMR Chemical Shift Tensors: Windows into Ruthenium Phosphinidene Complex Electronic Structures." Wesley J Transue, Yizhe Dai, Martin-Louis Y Riu, Gang Wu, Christopher C Cummins. Inorganic Chemistry.
- "An Azophosphine Synthetic Equivalent of Mesitylphosphaazide and Its 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition Reactions." Martin-Louis Y Riu, Wesley J Transue, Jan M Rall, Christopher C Cummins. Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- "A Thioether-Ligated Cupric Superoxide Model with Hydrogen Atom Abstraction Reactivity." Mayukh Bhadra, Wesley J Transue, Hyeongtaek Lim, Ryan E Cowley, Jung Yoon C Lee, Maxime A Siegler, Patrick Josephs, Gerald Henkel, Markus Lerch, Siegfried Schindler, Adam Neuba, Keith O Hodgson, Britt Hedman, Edward I Solomon, Kenneth D Karlin. Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- "Synthesis of an Anthracene-Based Macrocyclic Diphosphine Ligand." Martin-Louis Y Riu, Wesley J Transue, Ioana Knopf, Christopher C Cummins. Organometallics.