Bill Stanchina is initiating a research program that investigates both the nano-scale potential and high temperature potential of wide bandgap heterostructure semiconductor devices and ICs. In addition to developing a fabrication capability utilizing the infrastructure available at the university, he is also establishing a device characterization laboratory for micro and nano-scale electronic devices in order to characterize their semiconductor device structure properties and to extract their equivalent circuit models.
- "Maximum power point tracking using model reference adaptive control," R Khanna, Q Zhang, Gregory Reed, Z Mao, W E Stanchina, Applied Physics Letter 94, 161 (2009)
- "100+ GHz Static Divide-by-2 Circuit in InP-DHBT Technology." Mehran Mokhtari, Chales Fields, Rajesh D Rajavel, Marko Sokoloich, Joseph F Jensen, and William E Stanchina. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits 38.9 (2003)
- "39.5-GHz static frequency divider implemented in AlInAs/GaInAs HBT technology," JF Jensen, M Hafizi, WE Stanchina, RA Metzger, and DB Rensch. GaAs IC Symposium Technical Digest (1992)
- "An InP-based HBT fab for high-speed digital, analog, mixed-signal, and optoelectronic IC's," WE Stanchina, JF Jensen, RH Walden, M Hafizi, H-C Sun, T Liu, C Raghavan, KE Elliott, M Kardos, AE Schmitz, YK Brown, ME Montes, and M Yung. IEEE Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit Symposium 17th Annual Technical Digest (1995)
- "Effects of semiconducting and metallic single-walled carbon nanotubes on performance of bulk heterojunction organic solar cells," Liming Liu, William E. Stanchina, Guangyong Li, Applied Physics Letters 94, no. 23 (2009): 161.
- "Nanofabrication of β-Ga2O3 nanowires for device implementation," John R. Erickson, Susheng Tan, William E. Stanchina, Nanotechnology (IEEE-NANO), 2017 IEEE 17th International Conference
- "Analytical and experimental optimization of external gate resistance for safe rapid turn on of normally off GaN HFETs," Ansel Barchowsky, Joseph P. Kozak, Michael R. Hontz, William E. Stanchina, Gregory F. Reed, Zhi-Hong Mao, Raghav Khanna, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), Tampa, FL, 1958 (2017)
- "Design and manufacturability of a high power density M2C inverter," Joseph P Kozak, Ansel Barchowsky, Brandon Grainger, Chance Turner, Richard Delancey, Gregory Reed, William Stanchina, International Symposium on 3D Power Electronics Integration and Manufacturing (3D-PEIM), Raleigh, NC, 1 (2016)
- "A Linear Model for Characterizing Transient Behaviour in Wide Bandgap Semiconductor-based Switching Circuits," Raghav Khanna, Ansel Barchowsky, Andrew A. Amrhein, William E. Stanchina, Gregory F. Reed, Zhi-Hong Mao, International Journal of Automation and Power Engineering 5, 1 (2016)
- "Modeling and characterization of a 300 V GaN based boost converter with 96% efficiency at 1 MHz," Raghav Khanna, Brian Hughes, William Stanchina, Rongming Chu, Karim Boutros, Gregory Reed, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), Pittsburgh, PA, 92 (2014)