Dr. Xu Zhang will join the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) as a tenure-track assistant professor in September 2019. He received his PhD and Master’s degrees in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a bachelor’s degree in physics from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). Dr. Zhang is currently an Enrico Fermi Fellow at the Argonne National Laboratory. He worked as a postdoctoral associate at Microsystems Technology Laboratories (MTL) at MIT from 2017 to 2018.
- "Role of interfacial oxide in high-efficiency graphene–silicon Schottky barrier solar cells." Song, Yi, Xinming Li, Charles Mackin, Xu Zhang, Wenjing Fang, Tomás Palacios, Hongwei Zhu, and Jing Kong. Nano letters 15, no. 3 (2015): 2104-2110.
- "Raman enhancement effect on two-dimensional layered materials: graphene, h-BN and MoS2." Ling, Xi, Wenjing Fang, Yi-Hsien Lee, Paulo T. Araujo, Xu Zhang, Joaquin F. Rodriguez-Nieva, Yuxuan Lin, Jin Zhang, Jing Kong, and Mildred S. Dresselhaus. Nano letters 14, no. 6 (2014): 3033-3040.
- "Parallel stitching of 2D materials." Ling, Xi, Xu Zhang, Yuxuan Lin, Qiong Ma, Ziqiang Wang, Yi Song, Lili Yu, Shengxi Huang et al. Advanced Materials 28, no. 12 (2016): 2322-2329.
- "High-performance WSe2 complementary metal oxide semiconductor technology and integrated circuits." Yu, Lili, Ahmad Zubair, Elton JG Santos, Xu Zhang, Yuxuan Lin, Yuhao Zhang, and Tomás Palacios. Nano letters 15, no. 8 (2015): 4928-4934.
- "Impact of chlorine functionalization on high-mobility chemical vapor deposition grown graphene." Zhang, Xu, Allen Hsu, Han Wang, Yi Song, Jing Kong, Mildred S. Dresselhaus, and Tomás Palacios. ACS nano 7, no. 8 (2013): 7262-7270.
- "Two-dimensional MoS 2-enabled flexible rectenna for Wi-Fi-band wireless energy harvesting." Zhang, Xu, Jesús Grajal, Jose Luis Vazquez-Roy, Ujwal Radhakrishna, Xiaoxue Wang, Winston Chern, Lin Zhou et al. Nature (2019): 1.
- "High electrical conductivity and carrier mobility in oCVD PEDOT thin films by engineered crystallization and acid treatment." Wang, Xiaoxue, Xu Zhang, Lei Sun, Dongwook Lee, Sunghwan Lee, Minghui Wang, Junjie Zhao et al. Science advances 4, no. 9 (2018): eaat5780.
- "MoS 2 Phase-junction-based Schottky Diodes for RF Electronics." Zhang, Xu, Jesús Grajal, Xiaoxue Wang, Ujwal Radhakrishna, Yuhao Zhang, Jing Kong, Mildred S. Dresselhaus, and Tomás Palacios. 2018 IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium-IMS, pp. 345-347. IEEE, 2018.
- "Switching performance of quasi-vertical GaN-based p-i-n diodes on Si," X Zhang, X Zou, CW Tang, and KM Lau. physica status solidi (a) 214.8
- "Vertical GaN junction barrier Schottky rectifiers by selective ion implantation." Zhang, Yuhao, Xu Zhang, Zhihong Liu, Marko J. Tadjer, Min Sun, Daniel Piedra, Christopher Hatem, Travis J. Anderson et al. IEEE Electron Device Letters 38, no. 8 (2017): 1097-1100.