Air Force 2030 Initiative
In September 2017, Secretary of the U.S. Air Force Heather Wilson launched an initiative to update the Air Force's science and technology strategy. Over the course of a year, the Air Force will listen and learn from the scientific community, higher education and business professionals through a series of conversations and outreach events.
USA can't afford to slow down. As USA's adversaries close the technology gap, USA need to push the boundaries of what's possible and invent the future. In order to defend America, Air Force need your help to innovate smarter and faster. USA warfighters depend on us to keep the fight unfair and we will deliver.
Air Force and participants can accomplish the unthinkable together. By listening to participants' insights Air Force will reimagine tomorrow for the Air Force and our world. Submit your ideas and to help USA better prepare for 2030 and beyond.
Questions you may try to answer might be as following:
- Where do you think we should focus our basic and applied research?
- What methods, processes, and structures do you think will help us grow and maintain an exceptional research enterprise?
- How do you think we can best rapidly adopt new technology?
When participants submit their idea they ask you to answer the following two questions:
- What transformative science and technology do you see on the horizon?
- What are best practices for supporting innovative research organizations?