Quantum2020 Poster Session Winners
The Quantum2020 Spooky Action at a Distance poster session was held remotely over multiple Zoom sessions on October 29th, 2020. We had a team of 20 judges coming from various departments at Pitt, CMU, and Duquesne comprising both faculty members, postdocs and previous poster award winners, who evaluated the poster presentations of 44 participants hailing from physics, engineering, chemistry, and other disciplines.
The full video playlist is linked here, and the descriptions of each video contain quicklinks to the beginning of each presentation. Thank you to everyone who participated!
The six presenters that received the highest overall scores are:
- Danielle Hiener (Pitt Chem - Hutchison)
- Venkatesh Krishnamurthy (CMU ChemE - Viswanathan)
- Anantha Nagarajan (Pitt ChemE - Mpourmpakis)
- Riti Sen (Pitt Chem - Millstone)
- Dakota Folmsbee (Pitt Chem - Hutchison)
- Huiran Wang (Pitt ChemE - Fullerton)
Congrats! They will each receive 50 PQubits and will be featured in our office's hallway display...that no one is walking past at the moment.
We also had previous award winners compete and no surprise, they ranked very high as well and will receive a Veteran's award of 5 PQubits:
- Dengyu Yang (Pitt Physics - Levy)
- Shubham Awate (Pitt ChemE - Fullerton)
Last but certainly not least, we have an honorable mention for the most outstanding undergraduate presentation, who will also receive an award of 5 PQubits:
Christopher Ligato (Pitt Physics - Purdy)