Yale Quantum Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship
Yale Quantum Institute invites applicants for the YQI postdoctoral fellowships. These Fellowships will support research in the field of quantum science for recent Ph.D. recipients in the group of any of the YQI faculty members. Candidates should have demonstrated excellent research ability in their prior work and exceptional promise for future leadership in their field of interest. Each candidate should indicate clearly which research group (or in special cases, groups) they intend to work with.
The Yale Quantum Institute (YQI), founded in 2014, serves as a forum to bring together experimental and theoretical researchers at Yale in the field of quantum information physics, quantum optics and nanophotonics, optomechanics, mesoscopic physics, quantum control, quantum measurement, and quantum many-body physics. It provides a synergistic and collaborative setting for Yale’s cutting edge research in these fields.
- YQI fellowships are intended for researchers within 3 years of their Ph.D.
- The research interest of the fellows should match those of the faculty mentors and fall into areas matching the mission of the YQI.
- Non-US citizens must be eligible to obtain a J-1 Scholar visa status for the duration of the Fellowship. Non-English native speakers will be required to prove English language proficiency prior to award.
Terms of Appointment
- YQI fellowships are granted for a period of 2 years starting generally at the beginning of the academic year, but alternative starting states can be considered.
- The institute provides a stipend of $65,000 per year plus healthcare benefits, with an annual standard raise of 2% each year on subsequent anniversary dates.
- YQI fellows receive an annual $5,000 discretionary research fund.
- YQI fellows will have extra outreach responsibilities (e.g., contacting “YQI-sister institute fellows” at other universities and creating a network, organizing a conference or a workshop, or teaching a short YQI course) determined at the time of hiring.
- All other aspects of the YQI fellowship position will follow standard Yale policies for postdoctoral appointments. For more details, please check this website.
To apply, please upload the following documents before April 2, 2018 at 9 am EDT:
- cover letter describing (i) your past training, (ii) research interests, (iii) the group you intend to work in and potential research topics/projects you intend to pursue at Yale, and (iv) your career goals.
- curriculum vitae.
- reprints of selected publications (3 maximum),
- contact information for a minimum of three references
Feel free to contact Florian Carle, YQI Manager at email@example.com or (203)436-9153 for more information.