The U.S. Quantum Information Science Summer School (USQIS) is the first joint summer school facilitated by the five DOE National Quantum Information Science Research Centers: C2QA, QSA, QSC, Q-NEXT, and SQMS.
This first edition of the school is a ten-day program co-organized by SQMS and QSC and will be hosted at Fermilab. Participants will learn about the DOE National Quantum Information Science Research Centers (NQIRSC) and their initiatives and will be provided with unique hands-on training opportunities and integrated lectures in the emerging field of quantum information science (QIS). This program targets undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs, scientists, engineers, and technicians who are interested in learning about the field of quantum information science on both theoretical and practical levels. USQIS is available to current university, national lab and industry employees.
Sessions will be hosted by leading experts from the DOE NQISRC ecosystem.
For eligibility and application information, please visit the website here.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
- Program Dates: August 6, 2023 – Aug 15, 2023 (10 days)
- Acceptance Date: May 12, 2023
- Limited financial support is available.
- Students wishing to apply for financial support should provide a short, written explanation along with the other application materials.